MicDrop South Melbourne
111 Cecil St, South Melbourne VIC 3205, Australia (View on map)
623 people are interested in this space
1300 647 488
Spaces at MicDrop South Melbourne
About this Venue
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Micdrop South Melbourne located?
Micdrop South Melbourne is located at Level 5 111 Cecil St, South Melbourne VIC 3205, Australia
- Train: Southern Cross Station Spencer St, Melbourne City
- Tram: Route 12 (3min walk) Stop #127 - York St / Clarendon St, OR Route 96 (3min walk) Stop #126 - City Rd / Light Rail
- Street Parking: In surrounding streets of venue location, no limits and fees apply.
- Paid Parking: Within the venue building ‘South Melbourne Central’
What features and amenities does Micdrop South Melbourne offer?
Audio Visual System
Designed to be plug & play, to make your experience a breeze. With side stage & rear room HDMI access for presenter use. Use of the AV system is $300 p/day.
- 2 x handheld microphones
- 2 x headset DPA microphones
- 3.5mm or RCA audio input
- Apple AirPlay wireless playback
- PC/Android Miracast wireless playback
- DJ input, XLR connection (front of room)
- 98” 4K presentation screen
- HDMI input (front & rear of venue)
- Apple AirPlay 4K
- PC/Android Airserver wireless screen share
Live Video Streaming and Recording
- Simple to use YouTube Live Streaming, all ready with a single button press.
- Native QSYS PTZ 1080p/60 camera fixed within venue. Preset at rear of event space, facing the stage with a remote zoom. All controlled by QSYS control panel.
- Camera feeds full HD 1080p into a recorder, available to record directly to USB sticks or hard drives. Immediately available after the event. Audio embedded.
- Camera connected to YouTube and available via a private link.
The AV system is designed for you to sign into whichever video conference software you already use (Zoom, Skype, Webex, Google Meet, etc), via our in-house computer. The camera position is set to face the front of the room & is remotely controlled.
Sleek custom designed lounge furniture is available for use, and included in venue hire. Should you require any additional furniture, you are welcome to arrange this via our recommended suppliers who know the venue well.
- 14 x Trestle table (1600mmW x 700mmD x 720mmH)
- 12 x Round banquet tables (1680mmD, 760mmH)
- 4 x Catering stations on castors (1800mmL x 700mmD, 1100mmH)
- 5 x Hightop cocktail tables (760mmD, 1100mmH)
- 180 x Wooden back leather chairs
What other venues does Micdrop manage?
- Hawthorn Studio
- South Melbourne Studio
Does Micdrop South Melbourne offer catering?
To keep your team fuelled, our in house caterer is on hand to curate and serve healthy, wholesome, delicious food sourced from local and where possible certified organic producers. Their coffee is out of this world too.
There are a number of catering options including:
- Morning or Afternoon tea: from $16.00 per person
- Lunch: from $36.00 per personn
- Half day (Morning tea + lunch, or lunch + afternoon tea): $50.00 per person
- Full day: Morning Tea + Lunch + Afternoon tea: $65.00 per person
- Tea & Coffee: Selection of T2 favourites + Sirius Coffee (2hr Duration $4.00pp, Half day duration $6.00pp, Full Day $8.00pp)
All day sparkling & still water included. For any special dietary requests an additional fee of $8.00 applies per person/per day. All prices include GST and staffing for your event. Minimum order 15 guests.
Does Micdrop South Melbourne have meeting rooms?
A range of meeting rooms are available to hire on a per hour basis.
Plug & play technology
- Large TV screen connectable via HDMI
- Lighting fast WiFI
- Whiteboard & whiteboard markers (not including Cool Beans & Hammer Time)
- Sparkling & still water on tap
- Catering be arranged with our friends at Goodie, who will keep the team fueled by serving healthy, wholesome and delicious food
Hourly Pricing and Access Times
Meeting rooms can be booked between the hours of 8:30am - 5:00pm (unless booked in conjunction with the MicDrop South Melbourne event space).
- Centre Court Boardroom (20 pax) $75 per hour
- Trailblazer Room (8pax) $35 per hour
- Good Vibes Room (6pax) $35 per hour
- Between Two Ferns Room (6pax) $35 per hour
- Cool Beans Room (6 pax) $35 per hour
- Hammer Time Room (4 pax) $35 per hour
Please note, pricing does not include GST.
How much does an event cost at MicDrop South Melbourne?
Events at MicDrop South Melbourne start from 550.00.
This may be subject to change due to seasonality, day of the week, duration and your specific requirements. For an accurate quote for your event please send an enquiry or contact one of VenueNow's Event Booking Experts.
What type of events can be hosted at MicDrop South Melbourne?
The following types of events can be held at MicDrop South Melbourne:
- Awards Dinner
- Corporate Function
- Corporate Offsite
- End of Financial Year Party
- Networking Event
- Product Launch
- Trade Show
- Trivia Night
- Christmas Party
- Cocktail Party
If your specific event type is not on the list, contact one of VenueNow's Event Booking Experts and they will check if MicDrop South Melbourne is able to facilitate your event or will help you find an alternate venue.
How do I find out if MicDrop South Melbourne is available for my event date?
The best way to find out if MicDrop South Melbourne is available for your event date is to send an enquiry through or get in contact with one of VenueNow's Event Booking Experts.
Availability at many venues around the country is limited so if your date is flexible, please let the VenueNow team know and the venue may be able to provide a range of dates that suit your needs.
What catering / food and beverage options are available at MicDrop South Melbourne?
The following food and beverage / catering options are available for guests at MicDrop South Melbourne:
- Filtered Water
- Coffee / Tea
- External Catering
- Inhouse Catering
- Bar Tab
- BYO Drinks
For more information regarding food and beverage / catering options, please contact a VenueNow Event Booking Expert.
What steps are involved in booking an event at MicDrop South Melbourne?
There are a few steps involved in booking an event at MicDrop South Melbourne and the VenueNow team are here to do the heavy lifting for you.
Firstly, contact the VenueNow team by submitting an enquiry or speaking to one of our team members online or over the phone. We'll need to collect a few details from you, such as your:
- Event type
- Number of people attending
- Preferred event date & time (and if this is flexible)
- Budget (per person or total)
- Room layout
- Food and beverage / catering requirements
- Any other requirements
Once we've gathered these details, the VenueNow team will contact the team at MicDrop South Melbourne to check:
1) Can they host the event on your preferred date / time? If not, what are some alternate dates / times?
2) What is the estimated cost based on your event requirements?
This process tends to take around 1 business day on average to receive a response from the venue. Once we've received a response, the VenueNow team will contact you as soon as possible.
If you're happy with the proposed price and dates / times, the VenueNow team will connect you with MicDrop South Melbourne to finalise your booking (which may include a site visit if you choose to do so).
VenueNow provides this service free of charge to you as we are paid a small fee by MicDrop South Melbourne if you book via us.
I have more questions. How do I get in contact?
There are a number of ways you can get in contact:
1) Call the VenueNow team on 1300 647 488 during business hours AEST
2) Contact the VenueNow team via our online chat in the bottom right of the screen
3) Submit an enquiry via the form on the page
The VenueNow team usually reply within a few hours during Australian business.